The Amsterdam Merit Scholarship is proudly sponsored by the Universiteit van Amsterdam. The Academic medical center of the Universiteit van Amsterdam offers Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS), this scholarship is specifically for outstanding non- EU/EEA students.
We know that you as a medical student are already interested in applying for this scholarship and you want to just go ahead and apply for it right? Well, in This blog, all you need to know is available for you. Just ensure you read till the end.
Amsterdam Merit Scholarship Breakdown:
- Name of Institution: Universiteit Van Amsterdam
- Deadline: 1 June
- Study in: Amsterdam
About the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship:
This scholarship is called a merit scholarship because you must be extremely qualified for it because you can get it. This scholarship is given to outstanding non-EU/EEA students who have been admitted to study one of the (Master’s) programs of the faculty of medicine.
Due to the selective nature of the AMS, only the applicants who has an excellent study result and motivation will be given the scholarship.
Read also: Scholarships and award
Who is eligible for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship?
You are eligible for the AMS scholarship if:
- You hold non-EU/EEA passport;
- You are not be entitled to receive a Dutch study grant or loan (“Studiefinanciering”);
- You are not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA;
- You do not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship;
- You have been (or will be) admitted to the (Master’s) programme of Medical Informatics at the AMC -UvA.
As we have a limited number of scholarships, only the most eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Your academic excellence and promise in the proposed field, as evidenced by academic records, letters of recommendation, written work and/or publications;
- The quality of your letter of motivation.
About the scholarship:
- Please note that the scholarship cannot be used as a (partial) tuition waiver.
- The applicant must still pay the full amount of tuition.
- The scholarship consists of € 4,000 or a proportional amount if you start the programme in February.
Amsterdam Merit Scholarships are only awarded to applicants who have been admitted to one of the (Master’s) programs of the AMC-UvA. A scholarship granted for a specific academic year cannot be transferred to another academic year. A scholarship will only be extended to the second year of study if the applicant has successfully completed 80% or more of the maximum number of credits in the first year of study.
If you meet the requirements and would like to apply for an AMS Scholarship:
- A letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) in which you explain the reasons for choosing the Master’s programme of Medical Informatics (broader context, relevance for future career);
- A letter of recommendation by your dean, teacher or academic supervisor, in which he/she also confirms that you belong to the top 10% of your class;
- A description of your extracurricular activities such as participation in student commissions, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work.
How to apply?
Applicants wishing to apply for an AMS scholarship should upload their application to the International Office via the Digital Student Service Desk . Only serious applications will be taken into consideration.
Applications for an AMS scholarship for the Master’s program Medical Informatics should be submitted before June 1 (start in September) or November 1 (start in February).
Only students who have been admitted to the Master’s program Medical Informatics can be awarded a scholarship. Selection will take place in June and November for the Master’s Medical Informatics. Applicants will be notified before respectively the end of November.
International Office AMc-UvA
NL-1105 AZ Amsterdam
phone +31 (0) 20 566 5088
Questions? Contact us