Application for the Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program is now open to all Nurses, more especially to the registered Nurses as we help them pay off up to 85% of the debt they incurred while they where still in school. This information sounds great right? of course you know the answer already. So why don’t you jump on this offer by reading this blog till the end to get all the information you need.
Who is more likely to receive this scholarship?
You will be more likely to get this loan repayment program if you are:
- A registered Nurse (RNs);
- Advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs); and
- Nurse Faculty (NF).
Once this award is given to you, you are expected to work for at least two years in either:
- A Critical Shortage Facility (CSF)
- An eligible nursing school, as nurse faculty (NF)
Review the Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program Fact Sheet (PDF – 49 KB)
Am I eligible for Nurse Corps Loan Repayment program?
To find out if you are eligible or not to apply for this loan application, you need to review these Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program (LRP) requirements.
You should also be:
- A Licensed registered nurse;
- Advanced practice registered nurse, such as a nurse practitioner; or
- Nurse faculty member with qualifying nursing debt.
- You received your nursing education from an accredited school of nursing located in a U.S. state or territory.
You work full-time in:
- An eligible CSF in a high need area (RNs, APRNs)
- An accredited school of nursing
Note: We give funding preference to those who need the most help financially.
How Do I Apply?
Make sure the application cycle is open. If it is, do these two things:
Read the Nurse Corps LRP Application and Program Guidance (APG) (PDF – 494 KB)
Submit your application through the Customer Service Portal
Why Should I Apply?
Reasons for you to apply for this program is numerous because of the many benefit attached to it. The benefit includes that:
- You will get up to 60% of your total outstanding, qualifying, nursing education loans over the course of two years.
- After your two-year service contract, you may be eligible for a third year and an additional 25% of your loans.
- These funds are not exempt from federal income and employment taxes.
Why Is the Nurse Corps LRP important?
This program is very important as due to the fact that the demand for Nurses is really high in critical shortage facilities in the U.S Nurse Corps LRP helps in address these issues.
What impact has Nurse Corps had on communities in need?
The Growth of the Nurse Corps Workforce in Rural and Underserved Communities
What Is a Critical Shortage Facility?
A CSF is a public or private health care facility located in, designated as, or serving a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA).
A HPSA is an area lacking enough primary care or mental health professionals.
Review the APG for a complete list of eligible facilities.
What Is an Eligible School of Nursing?
We consider a school of nursing to be eligible if a national nursing accrediting agency or a state agency recognized by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education accredits it.
How To Contact Us
Call: 1-800-221-9393 | TTY: 1-877-897-9910
M – F | 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (except federal holidays)
Use our contact form
How To Connect With Us
Like us on Facebook
Connect via LinkedIn