ASAHP Scholarship of Excellence which is short for Association of Schools Advancing Health Professions is happy to announce to the general public especially medically inclined people of its scholarship aimed at advancing health profession. To get more information about this, Visit godcentvc.com, you can also click here for similar updates.
This scholarship programme is designed in such a way that it honors outstanding allied health students who are top in class and has exceled in their academic research and have a strong ambition to assume leadership roles in their field.
ASAHP Scholarship of Excellence breakdown:
- Applicable for: Member of ASAHP
- Award: 1000 USD (INR 82,000)
- Application Deadline: To be notified
- Duration: One-time payment
- Application Process: Based on the candidate’s nomination by the institution where they are enrolled.
About ASAHP Scholarship of Excellence Program:
The Association of Schools Advancing Health Professions sponsors a scholarship program for health professions students enrolled in its member schools.
The purpose of the scholarship program is to recognize outstanding students in the health professions who are achieving excellence in their academic programs and have significant potential to assume future leadership roles in health professions. The selected student will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
Starting in 2014, an additional scholarship in the amount of $1,000 and the title of Elwood Scholar is to be awarded to the most outstanding Scholarship of Excellence recipient.
The following criteria must be met to be eligible to receive an ASAHP Scholarship:
- Candidates must be enrolled in a college or school that is an institutional member of ASAHP.
- Candidates must have successfully completed at least one term (quarter, semester, trimester, etc.) at that institution.
- Candidates may be enrolled in any health discipline except those in the nursing, public health, psychology, or MOD-VOPP (medicine, osteopathy, dentistry, veterinary medicine, optometry, podiatry, pharmacy) group.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a career entry-level, degree-granting program; all degree levels are eligible (associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral).
- Financial need is not a criterion for eligibility.
The following process will be used to nominate candidates:
- Each eligible institution may nominate one candidate for each round of scholarship awards.
- A complete nomination will include each of the following items:
- Completed “ASAHP Scholarship Nomination Form”
- A letter endorsed by the ASAHP Institutional Representative that supports the nomination and describes qualities of the candidate (see Qualifications).
- A current nominee’s resume/CV.
- A one-page (not to exceed 200 words) typewritten essay from the nominee that addresses why she/he selected the health profession for which she/he is enrolled and what unique contributions she/he intends to make to the community’s health.
- Important Dates:
This year’s deadline is Friday, June 2, 2023. The nomination packet must be submitted via the online form by 11:59pm (Pacific Time) on June 2, 2023.
The process for selecting ASAHP Scholarship winners will be as follows.
Upon receipt of applications at the ASAHP office, they will be sent to a select group of members (e.g., ASAHP Past-Presidents or Members of the Board of Directors) who will make a determination of which students will be selected to receive scholarships.
Notification of Winners:
Letters to the winners will be sent under the signatures of ASAHP’s President and the Executive Director to the institutional representative after the recipients are recognized on the ASAHP UPDATE. The scholarship check and a certificate will be included with that letter. The institutional representative is responsible for assuring that the winning student receives the check. Institutions are encouraged to use the award to honor the student publicly.
Names and schools of winners will be included in various publications of the Association. Institutions are encouraged to publicize the scholarship awards in ways that they desire.
To proceed with this application click here