Be glad! Dr Helen Row Zonta Rural Health Scholarship in Medicine for the year 2023 is now available for you our dear medical students. We are so happy to bring this news to you. To get more updates visit godcentvc.com. You can also click here for similar updates.
Our primary goal is to empower students and help them achieve their academic and professional goals through an innovative and trans-formative educational experience. We are delighted to invite you to join us on this exceptional journey.
For my information about this scholarship offer, we urge you to make sure you read this blog till the end because we have more things to share with you.
Dr Helen Row Zonta Rural Health Scholarship in Medicine Breakdown:
- Name of Institution: University of Queensland (UQ)
- Program level of study: Masters
- Field of study: Medicine and health.
- Application deadline: Not specified
- Scholarship open to: Australia and New Zealand citizens
- Scholarship Value: Partial Funding, $4,500
About University of Queensland (UQ):
Brisbane, the state capital of Queensland, Australia, is home to the public research institution known as the institution of Queensland (UQ, or Queensland University). One of the six sandstone universities, or the oldest university in each state, UQ was established in 1909 by the Queensland parliament.
The University of Queensland is ranked second in Australia and 42nd overall in 2023 based on the rankings of the three most prestigious universities in the world. In addition, UQ is a founding member of edX, the top Group of Eight in Australia, and the Association of Pacific Rim Universities, which does extensive worldwide research.
Southwest of Brisbane’s central business district, the main St. Lucia campus takes up most of the riverside inner suburb of St. Lucia. Queensland is home to several UQ campuses and facilities, the largest of which are the Gatton campus and the Mayne Medical School.
The UQ-Ochsner Clinical School in Louisiana, United States, and the UQ North America headquarters in Washington, D.C., are two of UQ’s international locations.
Details about Dr Helen Row-Zonta Rural Health Scholarship in Medicine 2023:
A scholarship for a master’s degree in health or medicine is available through the Dr. Helen Row-Zonta Rural Health Scholarship in 2023. Applying for this scholarship is available here. Your application must be submitted before the deadline.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is the provider of this scholarship, which has a Partial Funding value of $4,500. This award is available to citizens of Australia and New Zealand.
About the Scholarship:
This scholarship was established in 2022 to commemorate the contribution of Dr Helen Maude Row to rural medicine. Dr Helen Row was a pioneering woman who in the late 30’s early 40’s was the first female GP to go ‘out bush’ (in wartime).
The Donor wants to support equality of representation in both GPs and rural practitioners; this award would support and provide encouragement to women on this pathway.
Eligibility for the Dr Helen Row-Zonta Rural Health Scholarship in Medicine:
- Applicants must submit an application to the Dean, by the closing date and be identified as female.
- Candidates should be Year 4 students and domestic students.
- Students should be undertaking placements at a health site in a Rural Area for a second consecutive year and enrolled full-time in the Doctor of Medicine.
- Candidates should provide documentary evidence of financial hardship.
Candidates are being selected based on the following criteria:
- Financial need.
- Strength of interest in pursuing a career in medicine in a Rural Area as demonstrated by a personal statement in the application.
How to apply:
You can apply for this scholarship program by clicking here
Other scholarship opportunities includes: