The ESED scholarship for sustainable energy development aim is to provide support for students who have proven to be the best out of the rest to pursue advance studies in sustainable energy development and to give meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
Are you a student who wishes to apply for the ESED scholarship, then this blog is for you. We bring to you how to apply so keep reading.
ESED scholars are exceptional students from developing countries studying in sustainable energy development. Today, the need for globally-oriented practitioners and researchers is growing rapidly. It is a one-of-a-kind scholarship program which fosters the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector specialists who will be prepared to tackle the challenges of the future.
Focusing on geographical as well as gender diversity, GSEP has awarded 135 scholarships since the inception of the program in 2001.
Host Institution(s) for ESED scholarship:
Institutions that are fit to host this scholarship program are only the academic institution approved around the world. The GSEP scholarship programme supports students who wish to apply and pursue their studies in the university of the global South.
Level/Field of study:
Master’s Programmes carried out in areas that are related directly to:
- Zero-carbon energy development
- Sustainable energy development
- Renewable energy and/or the power sector.
Number of Awards:
This program happens every year and each year, 12 scholarships are given out.
Target group for ESED scholarship:
Let us see who this scholarship is focusing on.
The ESED scholarship targets to benefit developing countries indigenes who are listed out by DAC/OECD
Benefit of the scholarship/duration:
ESED brings you juicy benefits that you wouldn’t want to miss for anything. Below are the benefits of this scholarship and your study duration.
For student at master’s level, US$10,000 worth of scholarship is awarded per year for two years.
Who can apply for the ESED scholarship?
Now you have been reading this piece and by now we know you can no longer wait to find out if you are free to can apply now. Don’t worry, just calm down because we are just about to tell you.
For you to be qualified for the ESED scholarship, you must as an applicant do the following:
- Undertake master’s-level studies in the fields of zero-carbon energy
- Smart grids
- Electric transportation
- Energy storage
- Advanced electricity technologies
- Public policy
- Political science, or other relevant fields
- Pursue full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters) as of mid to late 2023
- Be a citizen of a developing country on the list of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Assistance Committee of the OECD.
- Be committed to returning to their home country/territory after their studies to contribute to its development
- Be an outstanding student
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to zero-carbon energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
Below are instructions you should take very serious if you really want to be a partaker of the great scholarship opportunity.
- All documents needed must be submitted along with the application via the ESED online scholarship application system.
- The last day for the submission is 7 April 2023 (5pm ET) notwithstanding, you are advices to submit your file as early as possible.
- You also need to visit the official website which I will write below for you to be able to get the online application system and also to be well informed on how you can apply for the ESED scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.globalelectricity.org/scholarship/