Are you a student and an outstanding one at that? Do you wish to further your education by going for your master’s but have no money to fund your dreams? Worry no more because we have great news for you. Guess what?? Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships is here to help you out.
Scholarships for master’s programme in Flanders and Brussels which always goes to students who are the best all over the world is proudly sponsored by The Flemish Ministry. The purpose of this scholarship is to increase awareness of Flanders and Brussels as a top study location.
The breakdown of Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships
- Program: Masters Degree
- Deadline: 1 Feb-6 Apr 2023 (annual)
- Study in: Belgium
- Course starts 2023
Host Institution(s) for Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships
- Universities that host this scholarship includes
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Universities of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
- AP University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Erasmus Brussels University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- HOGENT University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- KdG University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- LUCA School of Arts
- PXL University of Applied Sciences and Arts
Level/Field of study:
All qualified Master’s Degree Programme offered at one of the participating Flemish Institution apart from:
- Preparatory programmes
- Distance learning.
- Number of Awards:
- The number of awards given is not specified.
Target group for Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships
This scholarship is aimed at international students from every country. A particular number of scholarship is kept for students from certain countries like:
- Mexico (3)
- Palestine (2)
- USA (5)
- Scholarship value/duration:
- A grant of €9,600 is given plus a tuition fee waiver per academic year.
- The Master mind scholar pays for only the administrative enrollment fee.
- The institution hosting the scholarship can ask the applicant for a tuition fee that is equal to the lowest rate of the yearly tuition fee for a student that receives study grant from the Flemish Government.
- The rate for the academic year 2023-2024 is €128,80.
The duration of mobility is one academic year for a Master programme of 60 ECTS
And academic years for a master programme of 120 ECTS.
- The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. The student has a Grade Point Average of 3.5 out of 4.0.
- The student must have a good knowledge of the English language (please check the official website for the specific requirements)
- The student has to be accepted by the Host institution to be able to receive the scholarship. Even if the Host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection of the Master Mind Scholarships programme, this criterion applies.
- The applicant can be nominated by only one Flemish higher education institution. If the applicant is preselected by more than one Flemish higher education institution, he/she has to choose one Flemish higher education institution to submit his/her application into the Mobility Online tool.
- All nationalities, except for Russian, can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students already in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
For full details of eligibility criteria, see the official website through the link below.
For you to apply , you must have to:
- Submit your application to the host institution as students cannot directly apply.
- The application is to be submitted online by the Flemish host institution.
- The host institution preselects the eligible application from the once submitted.
- Application deadline is 28 April 2023 23h59 GMT+1.
- You must check the internal deadlines set by the Flemish Host Institution, which varies and falls between 1 February to 6 April 2023.
- It is very important you read how to Apply page and visit the official website for more information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.studyinflanders.be/scholarships/master-mind-scholarships