Health Professional Loan Repayment Program HPLRP main aim is to give an avenue for the repayment of loans debts on the shoulders of outstanding students who are health professionals. Due to the way this program has been set, a health professional must be able to serve for at least two years full-time in a given medical shortage area in New Mexico.
For the fact that the HPLRP is a very competitive program, funding is not guaranteed because you applied. To get more information about this scholarship opportunity, kindly read this blog till the end because we have so much goodies for you.
The Health Professional Loan Repayment Program Breakdown:
- Name of Organization: Health Professional Loan Repayment
- Deadline: 1 MAY
- Study in: U.S
Read also: Edward Herbert school of Medicine
Eligible Health Occupations:
- Allied Health Fields
- Doctors of Oriental Medicine (DOM)
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Laboratory Technician
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Radiology Technician
- Respiratory Care Provider
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Dental Fields
- Dental Hygienist
Medical & Nursing Fields:
- Osteopathic Physician Assistant
- Physician Assistant
- Nurse Practitioner/Advance Practice Nurse
Mental Health Fields:
- Psy D.
Who is Eligible to apply for the Health Professional Loan Repayment:
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident alien;
- New Mexico Resident (12 consecutive months);
- Licensed or certified in the state of New Mexico by the date funding begins (July 1st);
- Employed Full-Time;
- Preference is given to graduates of New Mexico public postsecondary institutions.
When To Apply for the Health Professional Loan Repayment:
- Application for the Health Professional Loan Repayment program opens every single year from March 15th and closes every May 1st.
- Electronic applications must be completed in full and submitted online by 5:00PM on May 1, 2023.
- Applications with any documents or information missing will not be reviewed for funding.
Where To Apply:
The electronic application link will be available below starting on March 15th. The electronic application link will be removed promptly on the closing date of May 1st.
Every of the application submitted will be reviewed by the health advisory committee. after the review, marks are being assigned using a matrix the following areas:
- HPSA Score (Federal)
- Service Area
- Area Health Statistics Key Indicators (determined by the New Mexico Department of Health)
- Population Served
- Priority will be given to those applicants working in designated areas of greatest need.
- Decisions on funding are made on a case-by-case basis and all ranking is at the discretion of the Health Advisory Committee.
The program is federal and state funded. Health Professionals practicing in federal Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) will be offered federal funding first and will receive the highest priority. Health Professionals eligible for state funding only will have the application reviewed by the Health Advisory Committee. The committee will use the approved scoring procedure to rank the applicants.
Payments are made on the quarterly basis to the loan servicer directly upon verification of employment for the quarter.
HPLRP is a serious commitment to the underserved citizens of New Mexico. Therefore, all participants are expected to complete their service obligation. If a program participant does not comply with the terms of the participation agreement, the department shall assess a penalty of three times the amount of the award disbursed, plus eighteen percent interest.
The Health Professional Loan Repayment Program Electronic Application is OPEN!
The Application Closes on May 1, 2023.
Note: Please DO NOT use Internet Explorer to complete the application.
Please ensure your information is correct prior to submission.
Once an application has been submitted, you may not make edits or add additional documents to the application.
Other scholarship opportunities includes: