The Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP) is one of the scholarship program sponsored by the Army health care. The Army health care scholarship coupled with other educational programs makes sure that their goal and vision for medical students is achieved.
This sounds interesting already right? To know more about the HPSP, we urge you to read this blog till the end for you to be able to get all the necessary information you might need to apply and possibly get this scholarship.
About the Army health care:
The Army health care scholarship program in conjunction with other educational programs help medical students go through school and graduate from their medical career without thinking too much about the financial burden associated with it and also without any burden of a big financial debt.
For you to be graced with this scholarship opportunity as a medical student, you must be willing to commit and serve under the Army medical team, where you will be providing support to the well-being of America’s Army both at home and abroad.
The (HPSP) is a scholarship program body that is undoubtedly the most comprehensive scholarships available in the health are field.
Benefits that comes with the Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP):
This benefit gotten from this scholarship program can never be overemphasized as it covered for both your:
- Full tuition for an advanced medical degree.
- It also provided you with a monthly stipend.
Read Also: Imperial college London
Eligibility for the Health Professions Scholarship Program ( HPSP):
By now, you should be wondering if this scholarship is for you or not right? Not to worry the eligibility criteria is just below.
The Health Professions Scholarship Program could be for you if and only if you are pursuing a career in one of these medical fields:
- Medical (including Osteopathy)
- Counseling and
- Clinical Psychology
The Health Professions Scholarship Program makes sure that you are provided with:
- Full tuition for up to four years, depending on specialty.
- Funding for books, equipment, and other school fees.
- Monthly stipend of $2,608
- Up to a $20,000 sign-on bonus, plus Officer’s pay during school breaks
Salary increases with promotions, time in service, and cost-of-living adjustments.
Things you need to get before applying for The Health Professions Scholarship Program opportunity:
The list of requirement for HPSP include:
- U.S. citizenship.
- Active duty status in the Army.
- Qualification as a commissioned Officer.
- In progress or completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited school.
- Acceptance to or enrollment in an accredited graduate, doctoral, or medical school program in the U.S. or Puerto Rico
- Full-time student status during the length of the program
This scholarship is not one to joke with so why not hurry up!
Other scholarship opportunities includes: