Howard G Lapsley Memorial Scholarship is the best of its kind as they bring you out great medical students mouthwatering scholarship to make you happy all day long. To get more information, Visit godcentvc.com, you can also click here for similar updates.
Medical students who really wants to pursue their medical degrees, especially those ones that choose to attend school in the tri-county (Union, Somerset, and Middlesex) region covered and overseen by the JFK-Muhlenberg campus are qualified to apply for this scholarship offered by Howard G. Lapsley.
Howard G. Lapsley Memorial Scholarship breakdown:
- Name of Organization: Howard G. Lapsley Memorial.
- Scholarship: Applicable For applicants pursuing medical courses in JFK-Muhlenberg Campus.
- Award: $10,000 (INR 8.2 Lakh) per year
- Application Deadline: To be notified
- Application Process: Need to submit an online application form
- Study in: U.S
Read also: Harvard Medical School Scholarship
About Howard G. Lapsley Memorial:
Howard G Lapsley Memorial Scholarship is a scholarship awarded to medical students in the U.S. The scholarship was introduced by Josephine Lapsley as a memorial to her brother. Howard G Lapsley was a resident of Plainfield, New Jersey who has worked towards improving the quality of life for all mankind.
He was an electrical engineer, volunteer, inventor, and member of the Medical Sadd of Muhlenberg (1957-1967). One of his most notable inventions includes creating multiple oxygen devices for the immediate care of mass disaster victims.
The scholarship is awarded in his name to medical students. Keep reading to know more about this scholarship program.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The Howard G Lapsley Memorial Scholarship is granted to eligible students. The scholarship is granted to the students to help them to continue their education in medicine or Osteopathy. Below are the eligibility criteria for Howard G Lapsley Memorial Scholarship.
Eligible Candidates must:
- Be eligible for a medical degree,
- have demonstrated financial degree, and must
- have attended secondary school in an eligible community.
The student must have been raised/attended/eligible to attend elementary or secondary school in the eligible communities. Do note that temporary residence in these communities does not mean that the student is eligible for the scholarship.
- Union County Clark Scotch Plains Green Brook
- Fanwood Westfield Somerset County North Plainfield
- Garwood Bridgewater Somerville Middlesex County Dunellen
- Plainfield Bound Brook Edison
- Iselin Metuchen Middlesex
- Piscataway South Plainfield
How this scholarship is being awarded:
The Howard G Lapsley Memorial Scholarship is awarded yearly to medical degree students. The scholarships are granted by the Muhlenberg Regional Medical Center Board of Directors as financial aid to one or more needy candidates.
Students who want to study in the tri-county areas are preferred. That is the Union, Somerset, and Middlesex areas are served by the JFK Muhlenberg Campus.
Benefit of this scholarship:
- Approximately a scholarship amount of $10,000 per year is granted to each student.
- Other educational expenses are also covered.
- However, this amount may vary depending on the circumstance.
Aim of this scholarship program:
The aim of the scholarship is to assist students to complete their education in medicine or osteopathy.
To be eligible for the Howard G Lapsley Memorial Scholarship students need to fulfill other eligibility requirements as well. Some of these requirements are as follows:
- Be eligible for a medical degree from an accredited osteopathic or medical school.
- Students who are enrolled in the first year are also eligible to apply for the scholarship.
The financial need of the candidate needs to be demonstrated.
- The FAFSA financial statement has to be presented to the board for this purpose.
- The financial statement and the filled application form need to be submitted before the deadline.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Check out the Medical Scholarships in Canada for International Students
- The selection process involves screening the application by a committee.
- The committee makes the final decision regarding the scholarship beneficiaries on the basis of the applications.
- The scholarship benefits are not limited to granting tuition fees.
- Instead, the scholarship covers other educational expenses such as lodging, meals, travel, books, supplies, and other expenses that can be required to complete the program.
The admission process for the American Universities MBBS program differs from other countries. For example, an international student requires a high MCAT score and a pre-medical course for selection into medical degree programs.
To apply, International students can visit the official website of the medical school or use AMCAS (American Medical College Application Service) for admission. Some of the eligibility requirements for admissions include the following.
Excellent academic record in 10th and 12th classes and BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, or a related field Proof of English language proficiency.
That is scoring adequate marks in the IELTS/TOEFL/PTE exam.
High scores in the NEET and MCAT exam
A student visa and a valid passport are required as well
Students who are interested in applying for different medical scholarships need to apply for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
The application form requires the student to submit important details such as details of past academic records, and income, among others. This data is used by several medical schools in the US to decide whether the candidate is eligible for financial aid.
Other Scholarship opportunities: