Get ready to be thrilled! ICMR-DHR International Fellowship Programme For Indian Biomedical Scientists 2023 is now open. This news is an exciting one and we are happy to bring it your way. To get more updates visit godcentvc.com. You can also click here for similar updates.
Our primary goal is to empower students and help them achieve their academic and professional goals through an innovative and transformative educational experience. We are delighted to invite you to join us on this exceptional journey.
For further information and news about this wonderful medicine scholarship, kindly read this blog till the end for full information on eligibility and how to apply even to the deadline of the application.
ICMR- DHR International Fellowship Breakdown:
- Name of organization: ICMR-DHR Indian Council of medical research
- Program level of study: PhD
- Field of study: Biomedical Science
- Application deadline: Varies
- Scholarship Benefit: Full funding, stipend, return airfare, grant
- Scholarship open to: Indian Nationals
International Institute/Laboratory in any foreign country
- Study in: India
About Indian Council of medical research:
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) is the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination, and promotion of biomedical research. It is one of the oldest and largest medical research bodies in the world, established in 1911 as the Indian Research Fund Association (IRFA) and later renamed as the ICMR in 1949.
The primary objective of the ICMR is to promote and conduct research in various areas of biomedical sciences and public health. It functions under the Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The council is headed by a Director-General who is also the Secretary to the Government of India in the Department of Health Research.
The ICMR plays a crucial role in formulating national policies and guidelines for health research in India. It promotes and funds research projects, coordinates research activities across the country, and collaborates with national and international organizations.
The council also provides technical assistance and expertise to the government for the development and implementation of health programs.
Functions and activities of the ICMR include:
Conducting biomedical research:
The ICMR carries out research in various areas of medicine, public health, and related disciplines. It conducts clinical trials, epidemiological studies, and basic research to address health challenges in India.
The council promotes the training of researchers, scientists, and healthcare professionals to enhance their skills and capabilities in conducting research and handling public health issues.
Disease surveillance and control:
The ICMR actively participates in disease surveillance and control programs. It monitors disease outbreaks, conducts research on emerging diseases, and develops strategies for disease prevention and control.
Collaboration and networking:
The ICMR collaborates with national and international institutions, research organizations, and funding agencies to foster scientific cooperation and exchange of knowledge. It also promotes interdisciplinary research and encourages partnerships with industry for the development of innovative healthcare solutions.
Development of guidelines and policies:
The ICMR formulates guidelines, protocols, and policies for various health-related matters. These guidelines serve as a reference for healthcare practitioners, policymakers, and researchers in India.
Publication and dissemination of research findings:
The council publishes research findings, scientific papers, and journals to disseminate knowledge and promote evidence-based healthcare practices.
The ICMR has made significant contributions to medical research and public health in India. It has played a vital role in addressing major health challenges such as infectious diseases, non-communicable diseases, maternal and child health, and reproductive health.
The council’s research findings and policy recommendations have helped shape healthcare strategies and interventions in the country.
Details about ICMR-DHR International Fellowship Programme For Indian Biomedical Scientists 2023:
ICMR-DHR International Fellowship Programme For Indian Biomedical Scientists 2023 is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Biomedical Sciences. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is Deadline varies.
This scholarship is provided by Indian Council of Medical Research and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, stipend + return airfare + grant. This scholarship is Open to all Indian nationals.
The duration and number of fellowships awarded are three to six months and twelve fellowships respectively for young scientists and ten to fifteen days and five scholarships for Senior scientists.
Eligibility for the ICMR-DHR International Fellowship Programme For Indian Biomedical Scientists:
- You must be a citizen of India and working in the country.
- You must possess an M.D/M.S/Ph.D degree (M.D./ M.S./ M.D.S. or MBBS/BDS/ MVSc./ M.Sc./M.Pharma/M.Tech or equivalent with Ph.D. in health / biomedical research) with at least fifteen years of experience (for availing the fellowship for 15 days) and at least three years of experience (for availing the fellowship for 1-3 months) in teaching/research in a recognized Institute after obtaining the requisite qualification.
- You are expected to submit a letter of acceptance from the host Institute where he/she proposes to work during the fellowship.
- You are to also submit a plan of proposed training for availing of the fellowship.
- Candidates belonging to private colleges/universities have to submit a recognition letter from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Selection Criteria for ICMR-DHR International Fellowship:
- Screening of applications will be done by the ICMR-DHR and the short-listed candidates will be considered by the Selection Committee for awarding the fellowship.
- The selection of the candidate will be based on the evaluation of the merit of the candidate and the training needs in the field of medical research by a Committee of eminent scientists.
- A stipend of US$ 3000 per month which includes accommodation and other expenses.
- Return economy class excursion airfare (by Air India ) through the shortest possible route.
- Contingency grant of a maximum of Rs. 50,000
For more information on this scholarship opportunity, kindly click here.
Other scholarship opportunities includes: