Be happy because amazing future awaits! IRB Barcelona Postdoctoral Fellowship In Spain is here to make your dream to study medicine come through without stress. To get more updates visit godcentvc.com. You can also click here for similar updates.
Our primary goal is to empower students and help them achieve their academic and professional goals through an innovative and transformative educational experience. We are delighted to invite you to join us on this exceptional journey. Also make sure you read this blog till the end for more information.
IRB Barcelona Postdoctoral Fellowship Breakdown:
- Type: Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Field of study: BioMedicine, Medicine
- Scholarship for: International Students
- Study in: Spain
IRB Barcelona Postdoctoral Fellowship in Spain is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Postdoctoral Fellowship level programme(s) in the field of BioMedicine, Medicine taught at the institution.
IRB Barcelona is pleased to offer two postdoctoral researchers to conduct bioinformatics research on complex human pathologies, including Alzheimer´s disease, in the frame of the ERC funded projects SysPharmAD. International applicants are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
The main objective of the project is the identification of novel biomarkers in complex pathologies that correlate with clinical outcomes, to monitor the onset and progression of the pathology from very early stages, and to discover combinations of drug targets and chemical compounds able to modify the biology of the disease.
About IRB Barcelona:
The Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona) is a leading research institution located in Barcelona, Spain. It is dedicated to conducting multidisciplinary research in the field of biomedicine, with a particular focus on understanding the fundamental mechanisms of disease and developing innovative therapeutic strategies.
Established in 2005, IRB Barcelona has quickly gained international recognition for its high-quality research and contributions to the scientific community. The institute brings together scientists from various disciplines, including biology, chemistry, physics, and computational biology, fostering a collaborative environment to tackle complex research questions.
IRB Barcelona conducts research across several areas, including cancer biology, structural biology, chemical biology, developmental biology, and stem cell biology. The institute’s researchers use state-of-the-art techniques and technologies to study the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and neurodegenerative disorders.
The institute’s research efforts are driven by a translational approach, aiming to bridge the gap between basic research and the development of new therapies. IRB Barcelona actively collaborates with pharmaceutical companies and participates in international research consortia to accelerate the translation of scientific discoveries into clinical applications.
In addition to its research activities, IRB Barcelona is committed to training the next generation of scientists. It offers a range of educational programs, including PhD and postdoctoral training, as well as hosting seminars, workshops, and conferences to promote scientific exchange and dissemination.
IRB Barcelona has established itself as a globally recognized center of excellence in biomedicine research, making significant contributions to the advancement of scientific knowledge and the development of new therapies to improve human health.
Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Fellowships are awarded to conduct bioinformatics research on complex human pathologies, including Alzheimer´s disease, in the frame of the ERC funded projects SysPharmAD.
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations under a full-time contract. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- Training and Career: Postdoctoral researchers joining IRB Barcelona gain access to the Institute’s advanced research training and career development opportunities, all within in a competitive international environment. Courses and workshops on themes of particular interest to postdocs are offered regularly by the Institute.
- International environment: Nearly 100 Postdoctoral researchers, most than a half of them are non-Spanish nationals, are currently working toward their research at IRB Barcelona.
The following criteria must be met in order for you to be eligible for scholarship:
- PhD degree or equivalent in bioinformatics or computational biology
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Experience in the analyses of RNA-sequence and proteomics data
- Experience in computational network/systems biology modeling
- Remarkable publications record, according to career stage
- Excellent programming/scripting skills o Positive organizational, problem solving and communication skills
International applicants are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
You must have a PhD degree or equivalent in bioinformatics or computational biology.
English language Requirements:
Fluent spoken and written English is required.
How to Apply:
Applications for the above opening should include CV and should be sent by e-mail to: irbjobs-at-irbbarcelona.org.
Deadline: Application deadline is November 30.
Other Scholarship Opportunities includes: