The Joint Japan/ World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is glad to announce to the general public of the developing Countries it’s effort in making life better for all. If you are from any developing country, this blog is for you, ensure you read till the end.
This scholarship program is for all gender both male and female from developing countries who has a valid experience in their profession and history of the support they have given so far to develop their country and wish to go for their master’s degree program in a course related to development.
The World Bank Graduate Scholarship breakdown:
- Name of Organization: Japan Gov’t/World Bank
- Program: Masters Degree
- Deadline: 28 Feb/26 May 2023 (annual)
- Study in: selected Countries
- Course starts AY 2023-2024
Host Institutions for World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program:
The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program is proudly hosted by the universities in U.S, Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan.
Programs of study for the World Bank Graduate Scholarship:
Scholarships are being given for participating Programs.
Target group for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program:
This country is targeted for all indigenes of developing country who are also World bank Member countries.
Once you are given this scholarship, you won’t have to worry about many things as you will be provided with the following:
- A monthly living stipend
- Round-trip airfare
- Health insurance and
- Travel allowance.
This scholarship continues till after your graduate study or 2year which is lesser.
The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program has plenty benefit in stock for you, so to find out more about this very juicy scholarship opportunity keep reading.
For you to be qualified for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an indigene of one of the one of the world Bank member country listed.
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country.
- You must be healthy
- You must be a bachelor’s degree holder or degree equivalent for atleast 3years before the application.
- You must have atleast 3 years work experience without your degree or degree equivalent and the work must be related to recent development.
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application. Have at least 3 years of paid development-related employment since earning a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent university degree) and acquired within the past 6 years from the date of the Application Deadline.
- On or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP participating master’s programs located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications opens. The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your application.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
For you to be called and given tis scholarship, you must have applied initially and without doubt be welcomed and given admission into into one of the courses. While writing your application, your letter of acceptance by the school from a participating master’s degree must be included and sent.
Application for this scholarship is sent online as soon as the application portal is opened. Depending on the program, there are 2 application windows and they include:
- Application Window#1
From 16 January 2023 to 28 February 2023 at noon Washington time
JJWBGSP Participating Programs accepting applications under Window #1
- Application Window #2
From 27 March 2023 to 26 May 2023 at noon Washington time
JJWBGSP Participating Programs accepting applications under Window #2
It is important to visit the Application Guidelines official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.worldbank.org/en/programs/scholarships