MD/PhD Scholarships AMC/UvA for the session 2023-24, Amsterdam, in Netherlands is now open and ready to accept application from interested students. To get more information, Visit godcentvc.com, you can also click here for similar update.
The scholarship program offered by AMC for MG/PhD puts together both the medical Master program with PhD research and is exclusively available for students of AMC/UvA. For further information about this program, make sure you read this blog till the very end.
MD/PhD Scholarships AMC/UvA Breakdown:
- Type of scholarship: Partial Funding
- Name of Institution: Amsterdam UMC
- Program: Masters, PhD
- Course of study: Medicine
- For: International Students
- Study in: Netherlands
- Deadline: 11/08/2023
Read also: University Of Technology Sydney
The MD/PhD scholarship program, which is only open to AMC/UvA students, combines a medical master’s degree with PhD research. With this program, students can pursue their Master’s and Doctorate degrees at the same time, allowing them to finish both in less time.
Students pursuing MDs and PhDs at AMC/UvA and VUmc/VU have different study schedules. The AMC/UvA program is exclusively offered as a scholarship for AMC/UvA students, whereas VUmc/VU offers a distinct MD/PhD program. Both programs offer a combination of Master’s and PhD courses.
The start and finish dates for Master’s Phases 1 & 2 and 3 are determined by AMC Onderwijssupport. The Master’s degree curriculum for MD/PhD candidates is tailored to facilitate a blend of education and research.
The MD/PhD program’s other requirements, however, are adaptable. MD/PhD candidates must inform AMC Onderwijsadministratie of their intended “semi-arts” internship (SAS) start date eight months in advance because internships may need to be scheduled up to five years in advance.
The Teaching and Examination Regulations (OER) of the program, as well as the Teaching Regulations for MD/PhD students, apply to MD/PhD students during their clinical internships. These students have the same rights and obligations as other Master’s degree students.
MD/PhD Scholarships AMC/UvA 2023-24, Amsterdam, Netherlands. is available to undertake Masters, PhD level programs at Amsterdam UMC.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
The MD/PhD scholarship covers the costs of the salary of an MD/PhD student for a period of two and a half years, plus limited additional research expenses. If the total cost of the planned project is likely to exceed this amount, the MD/PhD student and the PhD supervisor will need to secure additional funding from other sources.
In total, four internally AMC funded MD/PhD Scholarships are available each year. The AMC grants funding for two years (half the grant for an AMC flexible OiO position), the department is obliged to match the salary for the remaining months of research work.
Before the allocation of the MD/PhD Scholarship, a written matching declaration signed by both the head of the department and the division manager must be submitted. It is also possible to apply with complete departmental or external funding. These applications follow the same selection procedure and criteria. The number of externally funded MD/PhD positions is also limited to four.
This scholarship is open to international students of all nationalities.
- Candidates for the MD/PhD program must have a track record full of scientific promise as evidenced by proven research activities on the cv, the grade list and the letter of motivation.
- In addition a letter of recommendation from an AMC PI, and/or extracurricular research activities in the AMC or affiliated research institutes is needed.
- Candidates must also have obtained excellent evaluations for their Bachelor’s courses and no unnecessary study delay.
Eligible for the MD/PhD program 2023 are AMC students who:
- Started the Bachelor’s degree program in Medicine in the academic year 2020-2021,
- Started earlier and are without unnecessary study delay,
- Started the premaster program in Summer 2022, and
- Have not yet started clinical internship rotations, and will not start their clinical internship rotations before March 1, 2024 and
- Will obtain a Bachelor’s or Premaster degree in Medicine before January 1, 2024.
To apply for an MD/PhD scholarship, you must submit the following documents, in this order:
- A letter explaining your reasons for applying and how you fulfil the requirements;
- A research proposal using the standard form (this will be renewed as soon as the new deadline has been announced):
- MD-PhD Scholarship Application form 2023DOCX 31 kb
- Your curriculum vitae, including the course transcript of your Bachelor’s degree or equivalent issued by the faculty student administration, and a list of your publications;
- Written confirmation from your intended PhD supervisor (promotor) that he or she is willing to act in that capacity.
The research proposal can be prepared jointly with your intended PhD supervisor, who must sign it for approval. The form includes:
- A description of your research project,
- The name of the AMC department at which you wish to work,
- The name of the PhD supervisor, and
- A budget with the estimated total costs of your research (contact AMR BV for help and instructions), including the proportions to be met from the scholarship and from elsewhere, such as the department or external sources.
Proposals should be addressed and sent by e-mail (as a single pdf file) to: Janine Stolwijk, secretary of the selection committee.