MUST PHARMBIOTRAC MSc And PhD Scholarships is here again! You’re excited right? This scholarship is now open and accepting applications for medical students. To get more updates visit godcentvc.com. You can also click here for similar updates.
Our primary goal is to empower students and help them achieve their academic and professional goals through an innovative and transformative educational experience. We are delighted to invite you to join us on this exceptional journey. This blog is dedicated to bring you good opportunities just keep reading for more information.
This scholarship is open for international students who wish to apply to go on and apply for it. The scholarship allows Master’s, PhD level programme in the field of Medicine offered at Mbarara University of science and technology.
MUST PHARMBIOTRAC MSc And PhD Scholarships Breakdown:
- Name of institution: Mbarara University of Science and Technology
- Level of study: Masters, PhD
- Field of study: Medicine
- For: International Students
- Study in: Uganda
- Deadline: Not specified
Read also: Radboudumc Master PhD Grants In Netherlands
MUST PHARMBIOTRAC MSc And PhD Scholarships Description:
The MSc (by coursework and dissertation) and PhD (by research) in Pharm-Biotechnology and Traditional Medicine Programs are available with scholarships from the Africa Centre of Excellence for Pharm-Biotechnology and Traditional Medicine (PHARMBIOTRAC). Students from abroad are welcome to apply for this scholarship program.
In order to accomplish this, PHARMBIOTRAC will financially assist a limited group of highly qualified, research-focused, and motivated students in pursuing their MSc and PhD study programs.
About Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST):
Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST) is a public university located in Mbarara, Uganda. It was founded in 1989 as a specialized institution for science and technology education. MUST is one of the leading universities in Uganda and has a strong focus on science, technology, and innovation.
MUST offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields, including health sciences, engineering, business, agriculture, and natural sciences. The university is known for its programs in medicine, nursing, pharmacy, and applied sciences. MUST also has a strong research culture and encourages its students and faculty to engage in scientific research and innovation.
Campus and Facilities:
The main campus of Mbarara University of Science and Technology is located in Mbarara, a city in southwestern Uganda. The campus features modern facilities, including lecture halls, laboratories, libraries, student accommodation, and sports facilities. The university is continually expanding and improving its infrastructure to meet the needs of its growing student population.
Research and Innovation:
MUST places significant emphasis on research and innovation. The university has several research centers and institutes focused on various areas of study, including health research, agricultural research, and technology development. MUST actively promotes collaboration with national and international partners to drive research and innovation activities.
Community Engagement and Health Services:
MUST is committed to community engagement and providing health services to the surrounding communities. The university’s medical school and teaching hospital, Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital, serve as important healthcare facilities in the region. Students and faculty are involved in various community outreach programs aimed at improving healthcare and addressing societal challenges.
Partnerships and Collaborations:
MUST has established collaborations and partnerships with universities and research institutions around the world. These partnerships facilitate academic exchanges, joint research projects, and capacity building initiatives. The university’s international collaborations contribute to its global reputation and provide opportunities for students and faculty to engage with a diverse range of expertise and perspectives.
Overall, Mbarara University of Science and Technology is a reputable institution in Uganda known for its focus on science, technology, and innovation. It provides quality education, fosters research and innovation, and plays a vital role in community development and healthcare services.
Scholarship is available to pursue MSc and PhD programme.
Scholarship is awarded in Pharm-Biotechnology and Traditional Medicine, for the academic year starting mid-August.
- Scholarship opportunities are available on a competitive basis for eligible female and male students from Eastern and Southern Africa Region (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia) including other African countries.
- Female students are particularly encouraged to apply for this scholarship and will be supported with an extra stipend.
- Applicants with disabilities or disadvantaged areas or backgrounds are also encouraged to apply.
- Please indicate in the cover letter if you like to be considered for the PHARMBIOTRAC Scholarship.
- All registered graduate students (with or without scholarship) will be granted financial support.
- The support should cover research expenses that will include field trips/placements, internships, conference attendance, and publication charges.
- Financial support shall be provided to selected students (MSc for up to 2 years) and (PhD for up to 3 years).
- The support will initially be granted for one-year renewable upon a successful completion of the first year.
- Renewal of financial support for the subsequent scholarship years will be dependent upon successful completion of the previous year with written evidence of satisfactory progress received from immediate supervisor of the candidate.
Eligibility for MUST PHARMBIOTRAC MSc And PhD Scholarships:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applications are now invited from highly motivated, research focused and qualified candidates for the admission to the following programs at Mbarara University of Science and Technology commencing August.
- MSc in Pharmacology (by Coursework and Dissertation, Duration 2 Years Full time) Entry Requirements:
- A honors Bachelors degree in Medicine and Surgery or its equivalent from a recognized University or A honors Bachelors degree in Health Sciences or Biological Sciences e.g.
- Human Medicine,
- Veterinary Medicine,
- Bachelor of Science.
Entry Requirements for MUST PHARMBIOTRAC MSc And PhD Scholarships:
- An honours Bachelors degree in Medicine and Surgery or its equivalent from a recognized University or An honours Bachelors degree in Health Sciences or Biological Sciences e.g. Human Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Bachelor of Science.
- PhD (by Research, Duration 3 Years) in the field of Pharm-Biotechnology and Traditional Medicine with the following thematic areas of focus:
- Understanding Traditional Medicine Philosophy of Health and Disease Prevention and Control
This PhD program is designed to harness traditional medicine knowledge from the practitioners in communities for possible scientific interpretation, documentation, validation, standardization, and development into the curriculum for training in traditional medicine at undergraduate and master level.
The research will focus on practitioners’ understanding of health and disease, their diagnosis of disease, treatment, and prevention of disease as well as materials used and their preparation methods and precautions.
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Applications can be submitted to the following:
- Applicants must send scanned (soft copies) of the below-listed documents, merged into one PDF document (i.e. not in separate files as separate documents).
- However, PhD research concept notes, abstracts of copies of master’s dissertation/thesis (or equivalent), and publications if any should be sent in a PDF format as separate documents.
- Completed application form which can be downloaded from the University website,
- A cover letter indicating which program of study the application is being made and description of the motivation to join the program, and interest in scholarship.
- A curriculum vitae (CV),
- Certified copies Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees and transcripts (for PhD and MSc respectively),
- Recommendation letters from at least two academic referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s behaviours and ability,
- Copies of valid National Identification Card or passport Ugandan national,
- Copies of Passport for non-Ugandans, Applicants from countries where English is not the medium of instruction must provide an English proficiency certificate from a relevant body or institution in their respective countries,
- Research Concept Note relevant to the PhD theme sought,
- Abstract of copies of master’s dissertation/thesis (or equivalent) Publications (if any).
- A scanned copy of the application fee payslip Support letter from employer (if any),
- Sponsorship letter from an organization providing funding (if any).
Scholarship application deadline is August 11.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: