A national organization called National Medical Fellowship exists primarily to support and offer scholarships to students studying medicine and other health-related fields from all underrepresented groups in the medical field. To get more updates visit godcentvc.com. You can also click here for similar updates.
Our primary goal is to empower students and help them achieve their academic and professional goals through an innovative and transformative educational experience. We are delighted to invite you to join us on this exceptional journey. Ensure you read this blog till the end for more.
National Medical Fellowship Breakdown:
- Name of Organization: National Medical Fellowship
- Program level: Undergraduate
- Field of Study: Medicine
- Application Deadline: Not specified
You may also like: The John Abernethy (Barts) Scholarship
About the National Medical Fellowship:
The National Medical Fellowship (NMF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the number of underrepresented minority physicians and other healthcare professionals in the United States. NMF provides scholarships, fellowships, and other support programs to help minority students pursue careers in medicine and healthcare.
NMF was established in 1946 as the National Medical Fellowships, Inc., with the goal of addressing racial disparities in medical education and healthcare. Over the years, NMF has expanded its programs to include a wide range of opportunities for aspiring healthcare professionals.
Some of the key programs and initiatives offered by NMF include:
NMF provides scholarships to underrepresented minority students pursuing degrees in medicine, dentistry, nursing, and other healthcare fields. These scholarships help alleviate the financial burden of education and make it more accessible for students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
NMF offers various fellowship programs that provide mentoring, professional development, and financial support to minority medical students and residents. These fellowships aim to enhance the educational experience and support the career advancement of fellows.
NMF runs pipeline programs that target students at different stages of their education, from high school through medical school. These programs provide academic enrichment, mentorship, and resources to help students prepare for and succeed in healthcare professions.
Research and Advocacy:
NMF engages in research and advocacy efforts to address healthcare disparities and promote diversity and inclusion in the medical field. Through collaborations and partnerships, NMF seeks to influence policies and practices that impact underrepresented minority students and professionals.
NMF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive healthcare workforce that reflects the demographics of the United States. By providing financial assistance, mentorship, and support, NMF aims to empower minority students and professionals and contribute to improving healthcare access and outcomes for underserved communities.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) approval letter
(Permanent Residents/Green Card Holders are not eligible)
- Currently enrolled in an accredited, graduate-level U.S. health care program
- Please note the required degree program type for each NMF scholarship.
- There are other awards that support high school or undergraduate students.
- Medical schools must be LCME Accredited U.S. Programs | LCME and COCA American Osteopathic Association | AOA accredited institutions.
- Applicants must be enrolled in culminating MD, MD/PhD, DO, or DO/PhD programs, unless otherwise specified.
- Student underrepresented in medicine – NMF designates the following racial/ethnic groups as underrepresented in medicine: African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian American (Vietnamese and Cambodian only), Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Commitment to serving medically underserved communities
For more details kindly click here
Other Scholarship opportunities includes: