The Rotary Foundation global scholarship saves the day by bringing opportunities such as funding your scholarship through the help of Rotary Foundation Grants. This scholarship is made available to sponsor graduate-level research or coursework for up to 4 academic years.
If you want to know more about the Rotary Foundation global scholarship, how and when to apply for the scholarship then this blog is for you. Keep reading to get full detail.
About Rotary Foundation Global scholarship:
Rotary started with the vision of one man — Paul Harris. The Chicago attorney formed the Rotary Club of Chicago on 23 February 1905, so professionals with diverse backgrounds could exchange ideas and form meaningful, lifelong friendships.
Over time, Rotary’s reach and vision gradually extended to humanitarian service. Members have a long track record of addressing challenges in their communities and around the world.
Our ongoing commitment
That commitment endures today through an organization that remains truly international. Only 16 years after being founded, Rotary had clubs on six continents. Our members now span the globe, working to solve some of our world’s most challenging problems.
We’re not afraid to dream big and set bold goals. We began our fight against polio in 1979 with a project to immunize 6 million children in the Philippines. Today, polio remains endemic in only two countries — down from 125 in 1988.
The host institutions are mostly the approved Universities situated in the country where a host Rotary club is located. It can also be outside of the applicant’s country.
Level/Field(s) of Study:
- The Rotary Foundation has 6 main area of interest and they include:
- Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Water and sanitation
- Maternal and child health
- Basic education and literacy
- Economic and community development.
Who can apply for Rotary Foundation global scholarship?
Rotary Foundation aim at people who are not Rotarian so that they can be sponsored by Rotary District or Clubs.
So if you are a non-Rotarian, this offer is just for you.
- A global grant scholarship lowest budget is $30,000 with which the following bills can be met:
- Travel expenses (as it is in the grant terms and conditions)
- School supplies
- Room and board
- Household supplies
- Language training courses (this is only applied when the university admission is contingent on improvement of language skills).
The scholarship funding cannot cover for your personal expenses and unforeseen spending during the course of your study.
Do you want to find out if you are fit and can possibly apply and be considered for the Rotary Foundation Scholarship? Then read on because we are about to show you.
Now, for you to find out more about the Rotary Foundation Scholarship eligibility requirements, we advice you please go visit the scholarship page of the Rotary Club/District’s where you really wish to apply.
How to apply:
Rotary foundation scholarship is open to people who wish to apply for it. For you to apply:
- You can get in touch with the local Rotary clubs through the Rotary Club Locator for more information on how you can be sponsored for the grant.
- Application for the Global grant are to be submitted online. The initial application is being created by the sponsor club or district, this helps the scholar candidate to easily fill in his or her details online.
- To enable the Rotary foundation have enough time to review and process information concerning the scholar before departure date reaches the scholars application must be submitted ahead of time, roughly 3 months before departure.
- This is because Global grant scholarship applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
We advice you read more about the Rotary Global Scholarship Supplement and also visit the official website to get more information on how you can apply and be considered for the scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://my.rotary.org/en/take-action/apply-grants/global-grants