Are you financially down and seriously need a scholarship to finance your education? worry no more because the National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program is the answer you have been looking for.
To find out more about this scholarship offer for medical students, make sure you read till the end because this article has all the information you need for you to apply for this scholarship and possibly get it.
The National Health Service Corps Scholarship Breakdown:
- Name of organization: National Health Service Corps
- Program: Post graduate
- Deadline: May 11
- Study in: U.S
About National Health Service Corps:
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) is part of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, division of Health Resources and Services Administration, Bureau of Health Workforce.
Members are health professionals providing primary health care services in underserved communities since 1972. In exchange, the providers are given either loan repayment or scholarship throughout their medical education, not to exceed four years.
The scholarship program provides for students’ reasonable educational expenses (tuition, books and other required services like health insurance) and a monthly stipend for room and board. After school (and residency for medical, osteopathic medical, and dental students) the student must apply for preapproved positions in underserved areas.
The student must apply just like any job applicant. Applicants who choose a specialty other than primary care or otherwise do not fulfill the service requirement must repay the government three times the investment with interest.
The loan repayment program works similarly, but students apply for the program after school and the NHSC repays up to $50,000 every two years. There is also the option to work in an NHSC-approved location for five years, which potentially entitles the student to receive $170,000 in loan repayment. Also, there are more available positions because the criteria are less stringent.
Benefit of this Scholarship:
The benefit that’s comes with this Scholarship opportunity is a very interesting one because once you are awarded this scholarship, you get:
- Fees coverage for up to four years.
What to know before you apply:
- Start the application process early.
- Allow time to collect all required and supplemental documentation.
- The answers in your application must match your supporting documents.
- You must submit a complete online application by the application deadline.
We will not:
- Accept requests to update a submitted application.
- Permit you to submit materials after the deadline.
Fill in any missing information or contact you regarding missing information.
- What is a complete application?
- A complete application consists of:
- All required supporting documents; and
- Additional supplemental documentation (if applicable).
The application is carried out online; full details can be found here.
- To be eligible for this scholarship, you as a student must:
- Be acquiring knowledge that will enable you enter primary health care profession.
- Be very ready to work in areas that are underserved after you graduate for two years.
- Be a United States citizen or national.
- Be qualified for federal employment.
The complete eligibility criteria can be found here.
- This scholarship is a good one in the Sense that it is based on community service.
- When you’re filling in the three essay prompts on the application ensure you include your many contribution with other community based Scholarship awards to make your essay rich and outstanding.