A bright Future Awaits! The University of Melbourne John and Allan Gilmour Research Award (Medicine) for 2023 is here to save the day. To get more updates visit godcentvc.com. You can also click here for similar updates.
Our primary goal is to empower students and help them achieve their academic and professional goals through an innovative and transformative educational experience. We are delighted to invite you to join us on this exceptional journey.
For further information and news about this wonderful medicine scholarship, kindly read this blog till the end for full information on eligibility and how to apply even to the deadline of the application.
The University of Melbourne John and Allan Gilmour Research Award (Medicine) Breakdown:
- Name of Institution: University of Melbourne
- Program level of study: Masters
- Field of study: Medicine and Health Sciences
- Application deadline: 31 Oct 2023
- scholarship for/ open for: all nationals
- Scholarship Value: Partial Funding, up to $6,000 per year
About Allan Gilmour:
Allan Gilmour (29 September 1805 – 18 November 1884) was a businessman in the shipping and timber industries and worked for the family firm in Britain and Canada. He worked for a firm established by his uncle Allan Gilmour Sr.
Allan was born on September 29, 1805 at Craigton, Mearns (Strathclyde), Scotland, the son of John Gilmour, a farmer, and Margaret Urie. In 1819, he was hired as a clerk by Pollok, Gilmour and Company, a firm established by his uncle Allan Gilmour Sr. and partners John and Arthur Pollok.
In 1821, he was promoted to clerk in the company’s booming Miramichi, New Brunswick branch (Gilmour, Rankin & Co). In 1824, he transferred to a new branch in Bathurst, New Brunswick, and in 1826 joined the Saint John, New Brunswick operation (Robert Rankin and Co.).
In 1828, he joined a new venture, Allan Gilmour and Company, a partnership established by Allan, his uncle (Allan Gilmour, Sr), and William Ritchie of Montreal. He died in Glasgow, Scotland.
Details about The University of Melbourne John and Allan Gilmour Research Award (Medicine) 2023:
The Melbourne University For master’s degree candidates in the field of medicine and health sciences, there is the John and Allan Gilmour Research Award (Medicine) 2023.You can apply for this scholarship here
The submission deadline for applications is October 31, 2023. The University of Melbourne is the provider of this scholarship, which has a Partial Funding value up to $6,000 annually. All citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Candidate should be an outstanding graduate research applicant, or enrolled graduate researcher in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences (in odd years).
- Should satisfy the Faculty’s entry requirements for PhD.
- Eligible applicants are selected on
- The basis of academic merit,
- The faculty scholarship score,
- Demonstrated skill in the relevant research area,
- Career aspiration and
- The terms and conditions of the trust.
- The selection committee will base its assessment on the application form,
- Academic transcripts,
- The faculty scholarship score and
- The student’s project proposal,
- CV and referee reports.
How to Apply:
You can apply for this scholarship program by clicking here.
Other Scholarship Opportunities Includes