We bring you great News! UCD Ad Astra Academic Scholarships Programme for the year 2023 is now open for you to apply for it. Its not only for medicine but also for other courses. To get more updates visit godcentvc.com. You can also click here for similar updates.
Our primary goal is to empower students and help them achieve their academic and professional goals through an innovative and transformative educational experience. We are delighted to invite you to join us on this exceptional journey.
Also make sure you read this blog till the end for more information.
UCD Ad Astra Academic Scholarships Programme Breakdown:
- Name of Institution: University College Dublin
- Program Level of study: Bachelors degree
- Field of study: Medicine, Nursing, science, Physiotherapy and Veterinary Medicine.
- Application deadline: 28 Aug 2023
- Scholarship for: All Nationals
- Scholarship Value: Partial Funding, €3,000 per year + other benefits
About University College Dublin (UCD):
University College Dublin (commonly referred to as UCD) (Irish: Coláiste na hOllscoile, Baile Átha Cliath) is a public research university in Dublin, Ireland, and a member institution of the National University of Ireland.
With 33,284 students, it is Ireland’s largest university, and amongst the most prestigious universities in the country. Five Nobel Laureates are among UCD’s alumni and current and former staff. Additionally, four Taoisigh (Prime Ministers) and three Irish Presidents have graduated from UCD, along with one President of India.
UCD originates in a body founded in 1854, which opened as the Catholic University of Ireland on the feast of St. Malachy with John Henry Newman as its first rector; it re-formed in 1880 and chartered in its own right in 1908.
The Universities Act, 1997 renamed the constituent university as the “National University of Ireland, Dublin”, and a ministerial order of 1998 renamed the institution as “University College Dublin – National University of Ireland, Dublin”.
About UCD Ad Astra Academic Scholarships Programme 2023:
For bachelor’s degrees in the fields of Medicine, Nursing, science, Physiotherapy and Veterinary Medicine the UCD Ad Astra Academic Scholarships Programme 2023 is available.
Applying for this scholarship is available here. Your application must be submitted by Sunday, August 28, 2023. This scholarship is offered by University College Dublin and has a Partial Funding value of €3,000 per year plus additional advantages. This scholarship is available to: All citizens.
The objective of the UCD Ad Astra Academic Scholarship Programme is to provide support and opportunities to outstanding, high achieving students as they study at UCD.
Eligibility for the UCD Ad Astra Academic Scholarship Programme:
Scholarships will be granted based on
- Academic criteria of 6 H1’s in the first attempt of the Leaving Cert or A-Level equivalent, and the online application.
- Applicants of the UCD Ad Astra Academic Scholarship Programme should submit a personal statement and a statement of achievement “beyond the classroom”.
- Candidates must also submit proof of the achievements mentioned in the application.
- The scholarship must be taken in the year it is offered.
- Current undergraduate students of the University can also apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates will be selected based on academic performance at the end of the first year.
- Candidates applying for the UCD Ad Astra Academic scholarship programme must possess a GPA of at least 3.68 and have secured 60 graded ECTS.
- All the progression requirements and program specific criteria must be met by the students.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
- Successful applicants of the UCD Ad Astra Academic Scholarship Programme will receive €3,000 per year.
- In addition to the stipend,
- Students will also get The support of a dedicated academic mentor,
- A programme of workshops and seminars by academics,
- distinguished alumni, and
- Guest speakers throughout the year to develop the scholars’ academic, personal, and leadership potential,
The opportunity to undertake an elective module in stage two called Ad Astra Professional & Personal Development, Networking and development opportunities, Access to the Scholars’ Room and Team Building events.
How to apply for this scholarship:
You can apply for this scholarship by simply clicking here.
Other Scholarship Opportunities Includes: