The Wells Mountain Foundation, through the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, provides undergraduate scholarships to developing country nationals to study in their home country or a neighboring country.
The Foundation believes in the power and importance of community service; therefore, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of 100 hours a year.
The well Mountain Foundation aims at giving hopeless medical students hope by granting them this scholarship. This scholarship will so much relieve them of any stress that is associated with money while they are in school.
For more information on this scholarship, kindly read this blog till the end to ensure you get every single information you need to apply and possibly get this scholarship.
Well Mountain Foundation Empowerment Scholarship Breakdown:
- Name of Organization: Wells Mountain Foundation
- Program: Bachelor’s Degree
- Deadline: 1 March 2023 (annual)
- Study in: any developing country
- Course starts 2023
Your choice of institution in your home country or in another developing country
Level/Field(s) of study:
The scholar is allowed to go for a Bachelor’s Degree in any field of choice.
Special attention is given to applicants who are interested in getting a degree that will help not just them as an individual but also their community. courses like:
- Medicine & health sciences
- Community development
- Social work
- Information technology
Number of Scholarships:
About 50-60 scholarships per year.
This scholarship is majorly for the indigenes of developing countries. So if you are reading this article now and you are from a developing country, just know that you are just few steps away from qualifying for this scholarship. keep reading!
ETE scholarships range from $300 USD to $3000 USD every year and are provided throughout the undergraduate education of the recipient. The average scholarship amount is $1500. Scholarships may be used for tuition and fees, books and materials, and other related costs (room rent and meals).
WMF looks at a potential candidate who is a student, be it male or female, from a developing country, who:
- Has Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades.
- Is 35 or under on 1 March 2023.
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world.
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma.
- Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country.
- Has a plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation.
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance.
To apply for the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, you must submit a complete application via the online scholarship application portal (preferred method) or via postal mail to the Foundation’s office.
The 2023 Empowerment Through Education online application will be available from 1 December 2022 to 1 March 2023.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.