Undergraduate Scholarships are made available to counties still under development by the Wells Mountain Foundation (WMF) by the Empowerment through Education (ETE) program. The WMF Empowerment scholarship helps the scholars gain access to school in their country or a nearby country.
In this blog, we will tell you how to go about this good Scholarship offer available for indigenes of developing countries. So if you are from any developing country do well to read till the end for more information on how you can apply and possibly get this scholarship.
The foundation have so much faith in the usefulness and strength of community service, in that case, people who are part of the scholarship are expecting to indicate atleast for 100 hours in a year.
Wells Mountain Foundation WMF Empowerment breakdown:
- Name of organization: Wells Mountain Foundation
- Program: Bachelor’s Degree
- Deadline: 1 March 2023 (annual)
- Study in: any developing country
- Course starts 2023
Host Institution(s) for Wells Mountain Foundation WMF Empowerment:
Once you are given this opportunity, you are automatically at liberty to select any institution of your choice in you country home or in any other developing country convenient for you.
Level/Field(s) of study of Wells Mountain Foundation WMF Empowerment:
You can choose to study any undergraduate course of your choice but preference is mostly given to courses like:
- Medicine and health sciences
- Community development
- Social work
- Information technology
- Agriculture and
- Engineering as the degree is important to help the local communities.
Number of Scholarships:
The scholarship given ranges from 50-60 in number every year.
Target group for Wells Mountain Foundation WMF Empowerment:
The Wells scholarship is aimed at the indigenes of developing countries.
ETE scholarships range from $300 USD to $3000 USD annually and are provided throughout the undergraduate education of the recipient. The average scholarship amount is $1500. Scholarships may be used for:
- Tuition and fees
- Books and materials, and other related costs (room rent and meals).
WMF’s ideal candidate is a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- Must have finished secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Is 35 years or under on 1 March 2023
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance.
To apply for the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, you must submit a complete application via the online scholarship application portal (preferred method) or via postal mail to the Foundation’s office. The 2023 Empowerment Through Education online application will be available from 1 December 2022 to 1 March 2023.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.wellsmountainfoundation.org/our-programs/scholarships/